SnakeTail ver. 1.9.0 is now available, and introduces some new features:
- Quick jump shortcut has changed to ALT+KeyUp/KeyDown (Instead of CTRL+KeyUp/KeyDown)
- Quick jump also works for EventLog where it jumps between Warnings and Errors
- Launch external tools on keyword match (Ex. play sound).
- Line coloring without being ‘Alert highlight’ (Ex. color line green for success)
SnakeTail ver. 1.8.1 is now available, and introduces some new features:
- Configure external tools and bind custom shortcut key
- Toggle bookmarks and quickly jump between bookmarks
Also discovered my idea to use a dummy google-account to upload crash dump, no longer works. Google SMTP server now finds it suspicious that the account performs logins from random locations. I have now changed the send crash report logic to use Crash-Server.com
SnakeTail ver. 1.7.1 is now available, and introduces some enhancements to the user interface:
- Added Most Recent Used (MRU) list of files, that allows one to quickly reopen files
- Added highlight of windows tabs using icons, when file changes are detected (Display tab icon on file change)
- Added option to apply view configuration to all open views (Apply View Options to All)
- Added option to display the current file name in windows tab, when using rolling regex filename (Title match filename)
- Added tooltip to windows tabs, that displays full file path
- Display currently open session name in main window title
I have now also created MSI installer packages, so I could play a little with Windows Installer XML (WIX) technology. Their project templates and “How to”-guides are not very helpful, but luckily there is a lot of documentation on stackoverflow.com.
I probably have to redo the entire user interface sooner or later, to support the
Metro Modern User Interface. Making lots of tiles, Removing all contrast between visual elements. Ensure everything is shown with capital letters. Optimized for the perfect touch experience, as Microsoft has done with Visual Studio 2012.
SnakeTail ver. 1.6 is now available, and improves tailing of EventLogs. It also includes the ability to search the EventLog.
SnakeTail has reached version 1.5.1 and again it is mostly a maintenance release with several bug fixes. It now allows one to quickly jump between highlighted sentences.
SnakeTail has reached version 1.4 and is mostly a maintenance release. It includes some new minor features when using tabs and fixes several bugs.
SnakeTail now supports drag drop from Windows Explorer to tail new files. Default configuration for new files can be made by saving a session file with one configured window as ‘SnakeTail.xml’. It will look for the default session file in the following locations:
- Application Path/SnakeTail.xml
- Current User AppData/Roaming/SnakeTail/SnakeTail.xml
- Current User AppData/Local/SnakeTail/SnakeTail.xml
- Common AppData/SnakeTail/SnakeTail.xml
SnakeTail now supports sentence highlight with color based on keyword match.
SnakeTail have now received its first feature request which have now been implemented
SnakeTail have now reached its first feature milestone, where all features can be activated through the GUI without needing to edit the session xml file manually.