SnakeTail have now reached its first feature milestone, where all features can be activated through the GUI without needing to edit the session xml file manually.
SnakeTail is yet another tail application, which tries to provide the following important features:
- MDI windows, so one can monitor multiple tail files without switching between tabs.
- Display and search the entire log file and not just the last 64 KByte.
- High performance and low memory footprint.
- Monitor the Windows Event Log.
- Works on all modern Windows versions without needing administrator rights.
These features were hard to find in the available utilities found on the Internet.
As an added side bonus then it gave me some experience in developing on the .NET platform.